How to Increase Energy Naturally
We all want more energy, but when it comes to working out and getting fit, energy is much more than half the battle.
In fact, lack of energy is the biggest complaint I hear from my clients. And while there are a lot of supplements on the market that can get you energized, a natural approach is preferred by most, myself included. But as you’ll see, a lot of the supplements out there are completely natural and totally effective.
Before we get to those, let’s look at some easy tips and tricks for increasing energy naturally…
How to Increase Energy Naturally
The first thing you need to do to increase your energy is to get a good night’s sleep. Quality sleep is probably the number one predictor of waking up with energy and motivation. If you’re having trouble getting a solid sleep, here are a few tips to help you out:
- Eat Foods that Help You Sleep – There are a lot of foods out there that can actually induce sleep. Foods like bananas, cherries, turkey, eggs, and dairy products can all help you fall asleep and stay asleep longer. Eat them within the hour before you hit the sheets.
- Shut Off the TV – Watching TV and playing with other electronics just before can actually trigger your body into thinking it’s still daytime. At the least, shut off your TV an hour before bed.
- Make a To-Do List – An overactive mind is often to blame for a poor sleep. Try to worry before getting into bed, and if it helps, make a list of the things you need to do the next day. It can help clear your mind of unwanted thoughts.
These are just a few ways to improve your sleep naturally – and wake up feeling refreshed and full of energy. Trust me, if your sleep isn’t under control, you’ll never have the energy you need.
The next big factor to consider is diet. Many foods contain natural, energy-boosting properties. Eating the right foods when you wake up and just before you work out can help get your energy levels back on track. Here are some of the best foods to increase your energy naturally:
- Green Tea – While coffee definitely falls into this category, green tea is even better. Matcha green tea, like this Magic Matcha Green Tea, is packed full of caffeine, healthy antioxidants, and other ingredients that won’t leave you feeling the jitters.
- Bananas – Bananas are my favorite pre-workout energy-boosting snack. They’re packed full of the things you need, like healthy carbs and electrolytes. Add them to a protein smoothie for the perfect energy shake.
- Oats – Another easy and energy-packed food, oats will keep you energized throughout your morning or your workout. Eat with berries for optimal energy-boosting results.
- Water – Believe it or not, water goes a long way when it comes to boosting energy. Your body can’t do what it needs to do to provide energy without water. Have a big glass in the morning, and make sure you stay hydrated throughout your workout.
If you’re looking for something of the natural supplement variety, then I recommend trying this Amazing Grass Green SuperFood Powder. They’re full of vitamins, minerals, and other natural plant-based ingredients that will keep you going long and hard!
Whatever your choice, remember – there are a number of ways to increase energy naturally! Get more out of your day and your workout with these energy boosting strategies.
Have any questions or feedback about How to Increase Energy Naturally? Please leave a comment below…