Healthy Diets for Men – Dinner
How is your eating plan going now? You got some pretty tasty breakfast ideas (Healthy Diets for Men) & some killer lunch recipes (Healthy Diets for Men – Lunch), but now we need to take our eating plan to the next level with dinner ideas that will not only keep you lean but also pack on crazy muscle.
You’ll notice that I have given the regular 3 big meals idea…but I should mention again that you should also have some hearty snacks in between like protein smoothies. I recently came across one of the best tasting whey protein powders I’ve ever tasted you got to check it out – Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion. Try the milk chocolate flavour with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and half a banana, mmmm it’s better than any milk chocolate you will ever taste!
Remember, don’t be shy, if you have any questions or feedback about any of this leave a comment below. I would like to get more feedback from you guys!
That aside let’s get into these kick-muscle-butt dinner ideas….
Healthy Diets for Men: Dinner Recipes
Healthy Dinner Idea 1: Chimichurri Muscle-Pumping Steak
12 oz flank, skirt, or sirloin steak
1 bunch scallions
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
3 tbsp red-wine vinegar
2 tbsp water
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried red-pepper flakes
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. To make the chimichurri sauce, mix the vinegar, water, garlic, salt, pepper flakes, and black pepper. Whisk in the oil. When everything’s blended, whisk in the parsley.
2. Preheat a grill or grill pan on high. Season the steak with salt and pepper and place it on the hot grill. For medium rare, cook it for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 140°F. Trim the roots from the scallions and add the entire bunch to the grill just after you’ve flipped the steak.
3. Cook the scallions until they’re lightly charred, about 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Drizzle the steak with the chimichurri, and serve it with the grilled scallions.
5. Enjoy with half a cup of pinto beans or black beans and hot corn tortillas. Makes 2 servings
Healthy Dinner Idea 2: Garlic Lemon Hearty Sea Bass
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp red-pepper flakes
4 6-ounce sea bass fillets
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp cumin
2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Squeeze the lemon juice into a zip-top plastic bag large enough to fit the fillets. Add the garlic and red-pepper flakes, give the bag a shake, and add the fish.
2.Refrigerate the bag for 30 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, mix the paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper; rub this spice blend on both sides of the fillets.
4. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the fillets, flesh side down, and cook them for 6 minutes. Flip and cook them another 6 minutes. Makes 4 servings
Healthy Dinner Idea 3: Taco Recovery Salad
1 pound extra lean ground beef
1 package taco seasoning, plus water as directed on the package
2 cups red bell pepper strips
1/4 cup salsa of your choice, plus more for serving
8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
2 cups diced tomatoes
2 cups shredded low-fat pepper jack cheese
1 cup low-fat sour cream
1. Cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until browned.
2. Add the taco seasoning and water, peppers, and 1/4 cup salsa and simmer until the vegetables are all slightly cooked.
3. Arrange the lettuce and tomatoes on salad plates and spoon the taco mixture on top. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and additional salsa. Makes 2 servings.
Healthy Dinner Idea 4: Hawaiian Muscle Regeneration Pizza
3 tbsp marinara sauce
1 piece packaged flatbread, such as Flatout
3 thin slices low-sodium deli ham, chopped
2 1/2 tbsp crushed, thoroughly drained pineapple
3 tbsp shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
1 tsp red-pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Spread the marinara sauce on the flatbread and top with the ham, pineapple, cheese, pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 6-10 minutes. Makes 1 serving.
Healthy Dinner Idea 5: Acuity Testing Mustard Crusted Salmon
1 fillet of skinless salmon (6 oz)
fine sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp panko (ground bread crumbs)
1 tsp chopped chives
2 tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Remove the toaster oven tray and line it with foil. Turn the heat to broil.
2. Season the salmon with salt and pepper, place it on the tray, and spread the Dijon mustard on top.
3. Sprinkle the panko over the mustard.
4. Bake the fish for 7 to 9 minutes, or until it becomes opaque and the crust is toasted.
5. While the salmon is cooking, stir the chives into the reduced-fat sour cream. Add lemon juice, mix well, and season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve the salmon with your lemon-chive cream sauce. Makes 1 serving.
Conclusion: Healthy Diets for Men – Dinner
Wow, I must admit these are looking pretty damn tasty! The best thing is that they are healthy and a great compliment with the new workout plan that I have made you guys (if you missed it go here – Workout Plan for Men ).
Remember you need to be training at least 3 days a week to have meals this hearty and if you include at least another day of high intensity interval training then you are going to see some incredible results with your lean mean muscle production.
As always, add as many veggies, herbs/spices you like, and if you’re finding that it isn’t leaving your hunger satisfied for long, then increase the portion size slightly and split it into two small meals, ie. 45mins apart.
Please give me feedback and leave other healthy dinner ideas by leaving a comment below, appreciate it!