6 Pack Abs Foods
Getting a 6 pack takes a lot of hard work. And although exercise is important, most people don’t realize that diet is essential.
The problem with exercising your abs is that you’ll likely be building abdominal muscles but you won’t be able to see them!
Bottom line – in order to show off your 6 pack, you need to restrict your calorie intake and eat a healthier, more balanced diet that is high in protein, low in fat, and low in carbs.
But in addition to these basic principles, there are a number of foods you can add to your diet that will actually get you burning more calories and fat. This happens because of their nutritional content. Things like protein, fiber, healthy fats, and certain vitamins and minerals will actually boost your metabolism.
I will be including a lot of supplements in this article simply because it would be extremely hard to not consume excess calories by trying to eat these in raw foods all day. I’ve also included links to get the supplements to make them easy for you to order online so hope that helps.
Nevertheless, here’s my list of the top ten 6 pack abs foods…
6 Pack Abs Foods – Top 10
1. Whey Protein – Whey protein is extremely effective when you’re trying to burn fat and show off your abs. Protein will help you avoid cravings and boost your metabolism so it’s really a no brainer to include whey protein in your diet. My top pick is Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion – it tastes great and has a rich creamy texture which really makes it stand out in the protein powder category.
2. Fiber – Fiber is extremely satisfying and actually requires that your body burn more calories while it digests. You should always try to eat foods that contain significant amounts of fiber, or invest in a fiber supplement like Myogenix Pro Fiber.
3. Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Research has shown that omega-3 fatty acids promote weight loss by preventing the accumulation of fat cells. The best source of omega-3 is fish, or you can supplement daily with Optimum Fish Oil Softgels for optimal results.
4. Casein Protein – Casein is the most protein-rich part of milk, and it’s a very effective way to avoid cravings, fuel your muscles, and increase your metabolism. The best-selling casein protein on the market is Optimum 100% Casein Protein.
5. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – Coconut oil contains a unique blend of fats that actually boost your body’s ability to burn fat and calories. Cook with it, or add it to a salad – Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil.
6. Vitamin D – Believe it or not, Vitamin D has been shown to play an important role in weight loss. A number of scientific studies have shown that, when combined with diet and exercise, Vitamin D improves your fat-burning potential by up to 50%! You can find a good quality Vitamin D supplement here – NOW Vitamin D.
7. Chlorella – Chlorella is a type of algae which, once dried, can be consumed for its nutritional benefits. It’s high in protein, fiber, healthy fats, and vitamins and minerals, making it the ideal ab-shredding supplement that is impressing even the most die-hard nutritionists out there. The best part is that it has a ton of science to back it up. Here’s one for you to try – NOW Chlorella.
8. Vega Whole Food Energy Bars – Whether you’re looking for a pick-me-up at the gym, or just need a healthy snack, this one’s for you. Vega Whole Food Energy Bar are all natural and minimally processed, making them a great option for you abs.
9. Chia Seeds – This is definitely one super food. Chia seeds, such as Nutiva Organic Chia Seed, are packed full of nutrients to support your 6 pack abs – protein, fiber, and lots of antioxidants. Add them to your oatmeal or grind them up and put them in your shake!
10. 7-Keto – This one’s not exactly a food, but it does combine a number of naturally derived fat-burning substances, including unique fatty acids and green tea extract that give your metabolism a major boost! Seriously, this one’s getting a lot of attention. Check it out here – 7-Keto LeanGels.
Have any questions or feedback about 6 pack abs foods? Please leave a comment below…