5 Foods to Boost Your Abs Diet
If you know anything about abs, you know that diet is at least half the battle. Building your abs with focused abdominal and core exercises isn’t so difficult, but getting them to show is the challenge.
It’s all about reducing belly fat, in order to allow all your hard work at the gym to be visible. And in order to burn belly fat, you need to boost your metabolism.
Remember, your resting metabolic rate, or your ability to burn calories and fat when at rest, is enhanced by building muscle mass. This is why it’s so important to do resistance (weight) training and exercise your entire body.
But in addition to working out, you can also give your metabolism a major boost depending on the foods you eat. And there are some amazing foods out there with the potential to totally boost your abs diet plan and give you that killer six pack you’ve been looking for.
So to help you get started, I’m reviewing 5 foods to boost your abs diet.
5 Foods to Boost Your Abs Diet
1. Almonds – Of all the nuts you can eat, almonds are one of the best. They’re packed full of healthy, natural protein to fill you up, fiber to aid in digestion, and less fat than many other nuts. This is one of the best metabolism-boosting snacks you can find, and they’re easy to have on hand. Snacking on a handful of these natural treats will totally stop any unwanted cravings and give your metabolism a major boost!
Instead of plain old boring nuts I highly recommend these amazing Cajun Lemon Pepper Almonds by Gone Nuts! So good and so healthy!
2. Quinoa – If you haven’t heard of quinoa yet, you need to totally take advantage of this super food. It’s one of the best replacements for rice and pasta, and what’s so great about it is it’s technically not even a grain. It has a similar consistency of couscous, and can be prepared in a number of different ways. It’s packed full of healthy protein that will keep you feeling satisfied and burn off extra calories during digestion!
3. Coconut Oil – Natural oils are definitely the way to go when it comes to cooking and preparing meals, but some oils are better than others for burning fat. Coconut oil actually contains a unique kind of fat that enhances your metabolism significantly. If there’s any food to boost your abs diet, this is it!
Buy my favorite brand of coconut oil here – Live Superfoods Raw Virgin Coconut Oil
4. Blueberries – Blueberries and other berries like acai or raspberries are packed full of one important metabolism-boosting ingredient: antioxidants. Not only will they help you metabolize fat, but they’ll also make you feel better all around, improving your energy and endurance. Snack on them, throw them in a salad, or blend them into a smoothie.
5. Plant Based Protein – Whey protein powder is generally pretty beneficial when it comes to helping you burn belly fat. But plant based protein is even better, as it has a higher vitamin content and takes a bit longer to digest. This means that it will stabilize your blood glucose levels longer and burn a lot more calories in the process. One scoop in a morning smoothie will keep your metabolism boosted for a good 4 hours!
Try one of the leaders in the plant-based market that is in my humble opinion the best tasting as well – Vega One Nutritional Shake
Invest in one or all of these foods today to totally boost your abs diet! Trust me, six pack results are closer than you may think!
Have any questions or feedback about these 5 Foods to Boost Your Abs Diet? Please leave a comment below…