Quick Weight Loss Recipes
Looking for some easy and quick weight loss recipes?
I try pretty hard to stick to a low-fat, whole foods diet. But it’s tough without a good set of recipes. And if you’re like me, you need a little variety to keep you going. It’s easy to get bored with the same old snacks and meals.
So I’m going to offer up some quick weight loss recipes to spice up your diet and keep you motivated to eat healthy and lose weight.
Weight Loss Diet Principles
Before I get to the recipes, there are a few principles of healthy eating that you should keep in mind. All of these recipes are based on these principles, so they’re the best I have to offer.
1. Keep it Fresh & Real – This is really what I mean by a whole foods diet. Always go for fresh, real ingredients that are minimally processed. Organic is often the best option when looking for this, and make sure you stick to whole grains!
2. Cut the Bad Fat, Keep the Good – Any healthy diet should be low in fat, but this is really only true of the bad fats like trans and saturated – the kind found in fried foods, greasy foods, butter, and dairy products (to name a few). Go for healthy fats like these Optimum Fish Oil Softgels, which actually help boost your metabolism!
3. Watch the Sugar & Sodium – The other ingredients to keep out of your diet are sugar (especially refined sugar) and sodium. If you can help it, do your best to avoid adding these ingredients to your foods.
4. Look for Protein – Protein will help keep you feeling full longer and help your body burn more calories and fat during digestion. This is why a protein shake using a protein supplement like Optimum 100% Natural Whey is a great way to start your day.
5. …and Fiber – The other ingredient to try and get more of is fiber. Like protein, fiber keeps you feeling full and boosts your metabolism. But it also helps you digest fat better. Add a scoop of Myogenix Pro Fiber to your protein shake, and you’ll double up on your weight loss results.
Quick Weight Loss Recipes
- ¼ cup of ginger garlic marinade
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of brown rice (Cooked)
- 4 cups of vegetables of your choice (steamed for 5-7 minutes)
Marinade chicken in ginger garlic sauce (available at most grocery stores) for 24 hours in the fridge. Grill marinated chicken for 15-20 minutes, flipping in the middle. Serve with rice and vegetables and drizzle with additional marinade as desired. Makes 4 servings.
Spinach & Tomato Pasta Salad
- 8 oz. of whole wheat pasta of choice (penne, orzo, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. of low-fat feta cheese (crumbled)
- 16 oz. of grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups of fresh organic baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons of capers
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and refrigerate for at least an hour. In a large bowl, add spinach, feta, tomatoes, and capers. Mix, add pasta and salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Give the salad one more toss and serve. Makes 4-6 servings. To beef up the protein, add some sliced grilled chicken breast.
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey (chicken will also work)
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- ½ cup of quick oats or whole wheat bread crumbs
- ½ cup of pasta sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of minced onion
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
Mix all ingredients (by hand gives you the best results). Preheat your oven to 375 (F). Add meatloaf mixture to loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until top is golden brown. You can also divide the mixture into a muffin tin and bake for 35-40 minutes for about 9 mini meat loaves.
Tilapia with Italian Crumb Topping
- 4 skinless tilapia fillets
- ¼ cup of whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 large egg (beaten)
In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, cornmeal, oil, and all seasonings. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place tilapia fillets evenly on the sheet. Brush the fillets with egg and spread on the dry mixture evenly with a spoon. Bake at 450 (F) for 12-16 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- ½ cup of skimmed milk or milk alternative (almond milk is my favorite)
- 1 banana (frozen or chilled)
- 2 tablespoons of all-natural peanut butter
- a handful of ice cubes (as desired)
Place everything into a blender and blend on high speed until desired consistency. To increase the amount of protein, add a scoop of the Optimum 100% Natural Whey.
Have any questions or feedback about these Quick Weight Loss Recipes? Please leave a comment below…