Body Weight Exercises Are They Enough?
If they’re not already, body weight exercises should be an integral part of your workout and fitness routine. Here’s why…
Most body weight exercises typically mimic more natural and organic movements, which means they’ll have a bigger impact on all your movements at a daily level. Sit-ups for example can help strengthen that core and protect your back when you have to lean down and pick up those heavy grocery bags.
What I believe you will especially like is that body weight exercises allow you to challenge your body and increase your strength while reducing the likelihood of injury. That’s why they are especially appropriate when you’re getting back into the swing of things or you’re just not yet comfortable being at the gym using dumbbells or free weights.
As a side bonus have this following list of body exercises at your arsenal when you want to do a home workout or you’re traveling and exercise equipment may not be available.
Whatever the reason, you really can’t go wrong by including body weight exercises into your fitness routine. At the very least, they’re a great way to add some variety to your workout program and challenge your muscles in new ways.
7 Body Weight Exercises to Get You Ripped
To help you get started, I’ve designed 7 basic but totally effective body weight exercises to get you in amazing shape. Add them to your current workout routine, or run through each exercise back to back without resting for a total body workout program to accelerate your metabolism and help you get ripped. Once you’ve gone through all the exercises, rest for 30 seconds and then do them again 2 more times. Now we’re talking! Get ready to sweat…
1. Ab Crunch – A quintessential exercise to strengthen your core, the ab crunch is where you want to start and to make it challenging slow it down and really clench those ab muscles when you contract and bring your chest to your knees. Just make sure you don’t pull on your neck. Aim for 20-30 reps per set. To view this exercise, click here.
For another variation of a great abdominal exercise that relies on body weight, try the Bicycle Crunch. To view this exercise, click here.
2. Squat – The squat remains one of the most effective lower body exercises, and you don’t need any added weight to reap the benefits. With knees shoulder width apart and your eyes looking straight ahead lower down your body slowly. Keep your back as straight as possible throughout. Want to make it even harder? Try doing squats on just one foot and have your other leg straight out in front of you. Aim for a minimum of 12-15 reps per set. To view this exercise, click here.
3. Lunge – The lunge is another great lower body body weight exercise that really targets your hamstrings and glutes (aka butt!). If you want to challenge yourself even more, try the Lateral Lunge. Aim for 10-12 reps per side. To view this exercise, click here.
4. Push-Ups – Push-ups are probably the best body weight exercise you can do, engaging your chest, triceps, and core muscles all at once. An easy way to change up the push-up while still relying on your body weight is to use a workout bench, a chair or anything else that will allow your feet to be at a higher level then your chest. Try it with your hands on a bench (view exercise), or with your feet on a bench (view exercise).
5. Pull-Ups – Pull-ups target the upper body muscles that don’t get worked in the standard push-up, namely your back muscles and biceps. You can vary the width of your grip in order to target your muscles in different ways. Try a narrow grip pull-up (view exercise) or a wide grip pull-up (view exercise) to get started.
6. Step-Ups – Another great lower body exercise, step-ups on a bench or set of stairs can be done with dumbbells in hand or with your body weight alone. To view this exercise, click here.
7. Superman – If you’re looking for a fantastic core exercise, you’ve got to include the superman. It hits your lower back and abdominal muscles for an intense core workout. To view this exercise, click here.
Want to take things to the next level? I’d like to challenge you to take it one step further and grab my recent release of the Intense Fat Loss Workout Plan where I have created a full 7 day/week intense fat burning workout routine and workout log to help you get totally ripped. Do it now as I have a time-limited discount where you can use Promo Code “intense40” to get an additional 40% off this full package. I’ll also offer a full money back guarantee so if you don’t get the results you want then you’ll have nothing to lose but some belly fat.
Have any questions or feedback about Body Weight Exercises to Get You Ripped? Please leave a comment below…