15 Minute Butt Toning Workout
I was asking on our Facebook Page today about what area most people were looking to tone up and other than the midsection the butt/thighs was a close second and so this article was inspired.
Toning your glutes is an important step in developing a sexy, lean, and strong physique. But in my experience, a solid butt workout is what’s missing from most workout plans.
Much like your legs and back, your butt muscles are an easy group to ignore. Although they often come second, they really shouldn’t in the grand scheme of things. Having a strong butt (and strong legs to go with it) can help improve balance and strength across the board. And your jeans will look better for it!
I’m reviewing a killer 15 minute butt toning workout that you can easily fit into any other routine. This one works really well with my Killer Leg Workout, or you can squeeze it in when you’re tight on time.
15 Minute Workout for a Toned Butt
You’re going to treat this workout as a circuit. What I mean by that is that you’re going to run through 1 set of each exercise in order, without resting in between. Then repeat the circuit twice more, again without any rest in between. Aim for at least 8-10 reps per set
So for the best butt workout possible, perform this circuit three times back to back. All you need is a set of dumbbells.
1. Front-Dumbbell Squats – Holding a dumbbell with both hands at chest height, and standing with your legs at hip width, lower into a squat. Go as deep as you can without losing your form, then return to starting. That’s one rep.
2. Dumbbell Deadlifts – Holding a dumbbell in each hand, lower the dumbbells to the floor just in front of you, engaging your butt and lower back throughout. Once you reach the floor, return to starting with steady control. That’s one rep.
3. Exercise Ball Butt Kicks – Lying face down on a stability ball and balancing on your abdomen, rest your palms against the floor in front of you. Straighten both of your legs and hold them parallel to your back. Then lift one leg towards the ceiling, squeezing your glutes as you do. Lower slowly, and lift with opposite leg. That’s one rep.
4. Lateral Dumbbell Lunges – Hold a dumbbell in either hand, and perform a lunge to the side, lowering as much as possible. Lift to starting, and repeat on opposite side. That’s one rep.
5. Butt Toners – Get on all fours (on the floor or a yoga mat), and balance on the opposite knee and hand as you lift the opposite hand and leg towards the ceiling. Squeeze your glut tight as you lift, then lower and repeat on opposite side. That’s one rep.
Repeat this circuit twice more for optimal butt toning results.
Want to really boost your butt toning efforts?
Make sure you’re supplementing with a high quality protein powder like Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion. Not only will it boost your metabolism and help you burn more fat, it will also help you build more lean muscle mass all around, including in your butt. Even if you want a plump butt you need a good amount of lean muscle and protein is the only way you can get there! Alternatively you if you’re trying to add more plant-based foods into your diet then check out Vega Sport Performance Protein, it is definitely the best tasting and composed of the highest natural ingredients.
Have any questions or feedback about this 15 Minute Butt Toning Workout? Please leave a comment below…