Start Your Day Off Right
Starting off your day with the right morning workout routine can help boost your metabolism into hyperdrive throughout the day which means more fat burned.
This is without a doubt one of the key strategies to staying toned and ripped and keeping any excess calories consumed from being stored around your midsection.
So the solution is moving forward you are going to promise to get it out of the way first thing in the morning reminding yourself that you want to set the stage for the rest of your day. The added bonus is that it will bring you a calm that will also keep you energized and you’ll find you’ll also be much more efficient with everything you need to get done.
A Healthy Morning Routine to Build Muscle and Boost Metabolism
Here’s a pretty killer total body morning routine which includes weight training to of course keep you slim and sexy!
This routine should take you a good 40-45 minutes, depending on your endurance and speed. For all weight training exercises, aim for sets of 10-12 reps each.
- 3 minute warm up on treadmill
- 3 minutes jump rope
- 2 sets bench step-ups (view exercise)
- 2 sets woodchopper (view exercise)
- 3 sets ab crunch on stability ball (view exercise)
- 2 sets barbell shoulder press (view exercise)
- 2 sets barbell deadlift (view exercise)
- 2 sets dumbbell chest press (view exercise)
- 2 sets hanging leg raise (view exercise)
- 2 sets wide grip pull-ups (view exercise)
- 2 sets back extensions with twist (view exercise)
- 3 sets bosu ball knee tucks (view exercise)
- 15 minutes moderate to high intensity on treadmill
- 5 minutes cool down and stretch
This intense morning routine will hit all of your major muscle groups and gets you working up a real sweat. To make it a habit just implement it 3-4 times a week or inappropriate it into any other program like one of these New Workout Programs.
Morning Nutrition To Fuel You
One other note, your morning nutrition is ultra important. Just like exercise, the food you put in your body plays a huge role in your energy and metabolism for the day.
My absolute #1 recommendation is to start your day with half a banana and a preworkout like Essential Amino Energy. The two together are the perfect fuel for this workout routine.
After your workout you can try some other great metabolism-boosting meals like this: Instant Breakfast Ideas.
Whatever you do, get energized and get moving! The morning is the best time to do it, so do it right!
Have any questions or feedback about this healthy morning routine? Please leave a comment below…