How to Sleep Better
If you haven’t already figured it out, sleep is one of the biggest factors in your overall health and wellness.
Insomnia and other sleep problems can affect our lives in a number of ways. Not only does a bad night’s sleep leave you feeling tired and cranky, but it also disrupts healthy eating habits and exercise routines.
When you’re tired, you’re more stressed, simply put. If you feel like you need to get your sleep in check, then this article is for you. I’m offering up my best 5 tips for how to sleep better. Take my advice, and you’ll feel better as a result!
How to Sleep Better: Top 5 Tips
1. Exercise Earlier – Exercising too close to bedtime can really throw off your sleep. This is especially true for cardiovascular exercise, like running or biking. These kinds of exercises boost your metabolism and raise your body’s internal temperature, which can keep you from falling asleep for a good 4-6 hours. Everyone’s a little different when it comes to this, but if you’re exercising just before bed and having trouble sleeping, this could be why.
2. De-Stress before Bed – Stress and anxiety are some of the biggest things standing in your way of a good night’s sleep. If can’t shut your mind off once you hit the sheets, then you need to start doing more to de-stress before bedtime. One easy solution is to make a list for the next day, so you don’t have to worry about forgetting anything. Another easy tip is journaling. Writing in a journal or diary every night can help you release a lot of the tension you’ve built up during the day.
3. Eat Foods that Help You Sleep – There are a few foods that will actually help you fall asleep faster. Some of the best options include bananas, cherries, turkey, chickpeas, halibut, and chamomile tea. All of these foods contain properties that will help your body fall asleep. Carbohydrates are also great sleep-inducing options. Go with low-calorie options like all-natural popcorn, or try a super food like these Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds.
4. Think about Recovery – If you work out hard, you need to think about muscle recovery to ensure adequate sleep. Amino acid complexes like Optimum BCAA 1000 Caps and Optimum Glutamine are an easy way to ensure better recovery between workouts, or go for recovery supplement that’s specially designed for bedtime use. Fusion Bodybuilding Sleeping-Giant will help improve sleep and recovery at the same time!
5. Consider a Sleeping Aid – There are a number of sleeping aids that are naturally-derived and pose minimal risk for dependency. Natrol Melatonin is probably the most natural approach to a sleeping aid and has been suggested to improve quality and duration of sleep. Another option is Top Secret Nutrition Sleep, which is great for those days or weeks when a good night’s sleep seems impossible.
How to Sleep Better – Conclusion
These are just a few of the simple, easy, and affordable ways to get a better night’s sleep. No matter the reason, you shouldn’t put up with poor sleep any longer. Try one of these tips and wake up feeling energized and refreshed!
Have any questions or feedback about how to sleep better? Please leave a comment below…