Workout Tips: Shorter & Better Training
If you’re like me, you’re probably always on the lookout for shorter and better workouts. And the truth is, you can have both!
Let me tell you how…
Every workout needs improvement in intensity. What I mean by this is that every workout can always be that much stronger and harder. When it comes down to it, it’s all about the amount of energy you exert and the mindset you have going in. The more intense you get, the better your results, simply put.
But saving time is another big issue. Not only is life busy, but you also don’t want to drag out your workouts. Doing so will only increase your likelihood of burning muscle tissue in addition to fat. This is obviously something you should avoid at all cost!
Luckily, there are a number of ways to satisfy both goals at once. These workout tips are all you need for shorter and better training. Get more intense today, and see the results you’re really looking for!
Workout Tips for Shorter & Better Training
1. Watch Your Rest Periods – This one is super simple, but it can have a major impact on the intensity and duration of your workouts. More likely than not, you’re probably taking longer than needed rest periods (between sets and between exercises).
My recommendation is to get strict with your rest periods and time them using a watch. In most cases, 30-second to 1-minute rest periods are sufficient. Monitor your time closely and stay on schedule. In fact, monitoring your workouts in general can be a great motivation. In addition to timing your workouts, I also recommend using a heart rate monitor like this Omron Heart Rate Monitor.
2. Superset Your Exercises – Supersets are probably one of the most effective lifting techniques at your disposal. Supersetting simply means alternating between sets of exercises that target different (often opposing) muscles groups – without rest in between! Not only will you save a ton of time, but your workout will also feel much more intense.
3. Go Full-Body – Although this may not work with everyone’s goals, adopting a full-body workout plan will give you the best results in the shortest time. Working out all of your muscles 2-3 times per week can help you burn a ton of fat and keep you looking lean and toned.
No matter your workout plan, make sure you’re always following up with a good whey protein supplement like Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion. This will help ensure you reap all the benefits of your workouts – especially if you’re working every muscle each time you hit the gym!
4. Do Compound Exercises Last – This may seem strange to some of you, but believe it or not, you can get super intense in your workouts by pre-exhausting your muscles. The goal here is to do isolation exercises that target single muscle groups first, followed by the larger compound exercises (for example, tricep extensions before dumbbell chest press). By the time you get to the big stuff, your muscles will be closer to failure.
5. Take Your Diet Seriously – Your diet has a bigger impact on your workout routine than you might think. A good trick for saving time at the gym is to actually eat healthier. Why? Because eating healthier will mean less time spent doing cardio. And nothing can be more frustrating than doing the same cardio exercise for 20 or 30 minutes straight.
Simple things like cutting down on carbs and replacing bad fats with good fats (like those found in Optimum Fish Oil Softgels) can really change your workout needs. I also recommend trying a naturally-based fat-burning supplement like 7-Keto LeanGels. These will save you a ton of time trying to burn extra calories at the gym!
Have any questions or feedback about these workout tips? Please leave a comment below…