Ways to Lose Belly Fat
Summer’s just around the corner, and that means bathing suit season is almost here.
But don’t panic yet – you still have time to burn that extra fat you gained over the winter. If you’re like most people, belly fat is probably your biggest problem area – and your biggest concern as summer approaches.
If you’re also battling with some pesky love handles, then you should consider your insulin levels. Insulin is a powerful hormone that has a direct impact on how your body metabolizes and stores fat. And love handles are a sign that your insulin levels may be a bit too high.
This article is all about reducing your belly fat, toning up your waistline, and getting your insulin levels in check – so that you burn more calories that would have been stored as fat. Let’s take a look at 5 tips for losing belly fat.
5 Ways to Lose Belly Fat
1. Have a Berry Smoothie – Recent research has indicated that the bioactive nutrients in blueberries and other berries can increase your body’s sensitivity to insulin and improve your potential to metabolize fat.
Start with a tasty whey protein for your smoothie, since protein keeps you feeling full for longer. I would recommend Optimum 100% Natural Whey or the Delicious Vanilla flavored Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion. Add to this some almond milk, ice, and fresh or frozen blueberries – or go with a super-antioxidant Acai supplement like NOW Acai.
2. Get Some Vitamin D – Research has also supported Vitamin D as an effective supplement to any weight loss program. It’s been shown that individuals who take Vitamin D daily burn up to 50% more fat! In addition, a daily dose of 4000 IU of Vitamin D can improve insulin resistance in just 6 months. Go with a high quality Vitamin D supplement like NOW Vitamin D for optimal results.
3. Spice Things Up – A little cinnamon (just 1 teaspoon a day) can also balance your insulin levels and lower your blood glucose by up to 20% in just 20 days. In general, herbs and spices are great additions to any diet, as they’re packed full of healthy antioxidants and essential vitamins and minerals.
4. Take a Zinc Supplement – Much like Vitamin D, Zinc has also been shown to improve your body’s insulin resistance and get your metabolism back on track. Just 15 to 25 mg of zinc daily will do the trick (don’t overdo it), and it also has the potential to increase your sex drive. For the best overall health and wellness support, check out a good multivitamin like Armor-V Vitamins – you’ll get your daily dose of zinc and much more!
5. Eat Some Nuts – This last tip is great for a number of reasons. First, nuts are full of protein, healthy fats, and antioxidants that will give your metabolism a boost and leave you feeling more satisfied. This makes them the ideal fat-burning snack. But research has also shown that nuts can balance your insulin levels and get your blood glucose levels in check. Almonds, walnuts, and pistachios are some of your better snacking options.
Have any questions or feedback about Ways to Lose Belly Fat? Please leave a comment below…