Top 5 Super Foods for Weight Loss
A healthy diet is an essential component of any weight loss plan. And you can totally boost your weight loss efforts by including a number of metabolism enhancing super foods in your diet.
Super foods are so named because of their rich nutritional content. They are foods that are significantly higher in one or multiple ingredients (vitamins, minerals, etc.) that are known for their health-promoting properties.
These are my top 5 picks for super foods that are particularly effective for burning fat and promoting weight loss. If you’ve hit a plateau or have found yourself in a weight loss slump, these super foods might be just what you need to get back on track!
Top 5 Super Foods for Weight Loss
1. Salmon – Salmon is my top pick for weight loss super foods, and for a number of reasons. First, it’s high in DHA, one of the omega-3 fatty acids that’s only found in fish. This fatty acid has been shown to stop fat cells from growing and eventually cause them to die, helping you shed the extra pounds and keep them off.
If you’re not a fan of salmon, or want to get a daily dose of DHA, I recommend supplementing daily with these natural source Optimum Fish Oil Softgels. Take one every morning for optimal results.
But remember, salmon’s also high in protein, which is why eating the real thing from time to time is ideal. Protein also boosts your metabolism and keeps you feeling full longer!
2. Avocados – Avocados are my next pick. First off, they’re high in monounsaturated fats like salmon, which are also known for redistributing fat away from your waistline. And believe it or not, a single avocado has between 7 and 9 grams of protein in it. Add avocado to your salad or use it as a tasty alternative to butter and margarine.
3. Green Tea – Green tea has become popular in recent years for its ability to promote weight loss. It’s packed full of healthy antioxidants known for increasing your body’s thermogenesis, which means it will help you burn a ton of extra calories and fat, including fat that’s been stored in your body for some time.
In combination with green tea’s natural caffeine content, this makes it the perfect weight loss drink. Boost your metabolism and suppress your appetite naturally. If you have a hard time drinking the green stuff on a regular basis, check out Irwin Naturals Green Tea Fat Metabolizer.
4. Raspberries – Raspberries contain antioxidants called raspberry ketones, which research is demonstrating actually increase hormones related to the metabolism of fat. While it might be difficult to eat enough raspberries on a regular basis, you can also check out L-Carnitine Plus Raspberry Ketones, a product that has revolutionized the weight loss industry. Yummy breakfast idea, have these on top of my Protein Pancakes Recipe!
5. Vinegar – You hear me right, vinegar is an amazing weight loss super food. Acetic acid, of which vinegar is a diluted form, has been shown in a number of studies to lower blood glucose levels. In fact, adding just a single tablespoon of vinegar to your salad can help keep your blood sugar levels stable and prevent subsequent hunger spikes and cravings. And any form of vinegar, from apple cider to balsamic, will do the trick!
Have any questions or feedback about these Top 5 Super Foods for Weight Loss? Please leave a comment below…