Giving it Everything You Got
Looking great naked not only depends on having great self confidence but also knowing that you’ve given it everything you go to eat healthy and workout with vigor.
The good news is that sustainable and real weight loss is all about being practical. Looking at your everyday habits and making small changes is the best approach until you find what works for you.
To get you started I’ve put together a solid list of tips that are pretty much bulletproof, so make sure to post this on your Facebook, bookmark or have it somewhere that will remind you of the easy things you are going to do on a daily basis to get into the best shape of your life.
15 Simple and Effective Weight Loss Strategies
1. Slow Down and Enjoy Your Food – Eating quickly is a good way to overeat, because you’re not giving your body enough time to realize it’s full. Slowing down, chewing slowly, and savoring your food is an easy way to cut down on your overall calorie intake. (This one can really go a long way, and I’ve written a whole article on Mindful Eating that will get you to see things in a different perspective).
2. Keep a Food Journal – No matter where you’re at with your weight loss goals, keeping a food journal can be highly motivating. Reflecting on what you’re eating a great way to increase your self-awareness and start gaining control. My favorite journal is the Fitlosophy Fitbook which is beautifully organized.
3. Increase Your Fiber Intake – On any weight loss plan, fiber is your friend. Not only does it keep you feeling full and satisfied, it also boosts your metabolism and helps you burn more calories. A really great supplement for upping your fiber naturally without a ton of calories is Psyllium Husk Powder.
4. Eat Whole Grains Only – This one is essential. There really isn’t any common food that’s more problematic than white and processed grains. Go for whole grains only, or substitute with healthier alternatives like quinoa. My recent favorite toast is an organic sourdough rye bread that is gluten-free and free of any unwanted chemicals (check out the label on my instagram) so look for great quality products like this one, they’re out there!
5. Use Smaller Plates – If portion size is a problem for you, this is a simple strategy, but one that really works. Use smaller plates when enjoying meals at home, and you’re likely to take and eat less.
6. Cook with Broth – Want an easy way to cut down on your fat intake? Try cooking with chicken and vegetable broths rather than oils. You can also use just a bit of oil and substitute the remaining with broth. Plus you’ll get a ton of flavor.
7. Drink Water All Day Long – Water is a great natural detox, and it’s one of the best ways to stay energized and avoid overeating. Drink lots of water throughout the day, and fill up just before sitting down to a meal.
8. Eat More Healthy Fats – Not all fat is bad, and some can actually help you burn off more calories during digestion. Fats like those found in avocados and almonds are great. Or try adding this super metabolism-boosting oil to your diet – Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil.
9. Measure Everything – Although I’m not a big fan of counting calories, portion control is definitely important. Try being consistent with your portions, and measure things out. This is an easy way to control your overall eating.
10. Eat More Seafood – If you like it, eat more of it. Seafood is great for combining really healthy proteins and healthy, metabolism-boosting fats. Salmon, shrimp, and tilapia are some especially good choices.
11. Get Smart about Snacking – You don’t need to avoid snacking on a weight loss diet, but you do need to get smart about it. Aim for snacks that contain a decent serving of protein, some fiber, and some vitamins and minerals. Done right, snacks can actually help you lose more weight.
12. Think Differently about Dairy – At the very least, consider replacing whole milk with skim milk to cut down on fat intake. But for maximum nutritional support, I recommend checking out a healthy milk alternative like rice, almond, hemp, or coconut milk.
13. Get More Veggies – Vegetables are high in fiber and rich in vitamins and minerals, all of which support a healthier lifestyle and boost your fat-burning potential. Veggies should make up about half of your dietary intake. Looking for some extra veggie support? Try a veggie supplement like Amazing Grass Green SuperFood Powder.
14. Eat More Vegetarian Meals – An easy way to get more veggies is to enjoy a good vegetarian meal once in a while. You’ll also spice up your diet from time to time!
15. Rethink Your Condiments – Condiments are often full of fat and sugar, two ingredients you don’t need more of on a healthy diet. Make smarter choices, or try basic ingredients like olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Whatever you do, think about the details and reflect seriously on your weight loss efforts. The solutions are often simpler than you think!
Have any questions or feedback about these Top 15 Tips to Lose Weight? Please leave a comment below…