Top 10 Fall Foods for Weight Loss
The fall season is here, and if you’re like me, you’re probably thinking a little differently about your diet.
So here’s my pick for the top 10 fall foods for weight loss. If you’re trying to lose weight and need some new ideas, this is the article for you!
As you’ll see, the healthy fall ingredients and meal ideas are endless…
Top 10 Fall Foods for Weight Loss
1. Apples – Apples are a great fall pick for your weight loss diet. With 4 grams of fiber each, they’re great for filling you up and keeping you satisfied for longer. Fiber also gives your metabolism a bit of a boost!
Meal Idea: For a satisfying, low-fat snack, try heating up some apple slices in the microwave with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a thin coating of low-fat butter.
2. Butternut Squash – This is one of my fall favorites. Butternut squash is extremely versatile and can make a great side dish or form the base of a yummy soup. It’s also naturally sweet!
Meal Idea: Cut a butternut squash into cubes, brush with a little olive oil, and roast in the oven. Makes a great side to chicken or turkey.
3. Cranberries – Another favorite of mine, cranberries are extremely high in antioxidants and low in calories. Antioxidants support all-around good health and a healthy metabolism, so they’re the perfect addition to a weight loss diet.
Weight Loss Tip: If you’re not a fan of cranberries, or if you’re looking for regular antioxidant support, I recommend supplementing with the best antioxidant out there, Vitamin C. For quality support, check out NOW C-1000.
4. Beets – A lot of people avoid beets because they assume they’re high in sugar. But with only 8 grams per serving, they’re really not so bad! And with all that fiber, a little sweetness can help control your cravings.
Meal Idea: Make an easy and healthy ginger-beet soup by combining in a blender 6 roasted beets, 2 cups vegetables broth, 1 teaspoon minced ginger, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
5. Pumpkin – Another favorite of mine, pumpkins are rich in a number of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin C, potassium, Vitamin A, and antioxidants. This is in addition to their high fiber content, which is a totally effective weight loss ingredient.
Weight Loss Tip: Another amazing, metabolism-boosting vitamin that I recommend supplementing daily is NOW B-100.
6. Pumpkin Seeds – Looking for a healthy snack? Pumpkin seeds are great, with only 5 grams of healthy fat per ounce. They’re also high in zinc, which supports a healthy sex life.
Meal Idea: For an easy, tasty snack of the salty persuasion, roast pumpkin seeds in the oven and sprinkle lightly with salt. Add a bit of cayenne pepper for an extra boost to your metabolism.
7. Pine Nuts – Pine nuts are also high in healthy unsaturated fats, and they’ll actually slow your digestion and keep you satisfied. They’re a common ingredient in pesto, salads, and pasts.
Meal Idea: For a yummy home-made pesto, add to a food processor 1/3 cup chopped pine nuts, 2 cups of chopped cilantro, some chopped green onion, chopped garlic, and olive oil to desired consistency.
8. Brussels Sprouts – These are one of the best fiber-rich side dished you can have on your plate. Low in calories and high in Vitamin A, they’ll help support your weight loss goals.
Weight Loss Tip: The benefits of fiber really can’t be overstated when it comes to losing weight. Fiber will keep you full longer and rev up your metabolism. Since fiber can be hard to come by, I recommend Psyllium Husk Powder for extra daily support.
9. Turnips – This food option has Fall written all over it, and it’s extremely versatile. High in calcium, iron, fiber, and water, it will totally keep you full and energized through your weight loss efforts.
Meal Idea: If you’re thinking of making a hearty fall soup, add some roasted cubes of turnip. Or simply boil and mash for a yummy side dish.
10. Sweet Potatoes – My last fall food pick is the yummy and filling sweet potato. High in satisfying fiber but low on the glycemic index, sweet potatoes are a great weight loss alternative to ordinary, starchy potatoes.
Meal Idea: Sweet potato fries are easier than you think. Cut a large sweet potato into strips, coat with a bit of olive oil, and season with paprika, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and chili powder to taste.
Have any questions or feedback about these Top 10 Fall Foods for Weight Loss? Please leave a comment below…