Snacking Success Plan
We’re all human and it’s no surprise that when we try and cut out things form our diet and increase our exercise and activity level that we end up getting some pretty strong stomach-churning cravings for food.
This is the critical moment that we need to have healthy snacks in mind and at hand, because there’s nothing worse than succumbing to belly-sabotaging chocolate, ice-cream, chips or other supposed “low-carb” snacks which we end up eating twice as much of.
Summer time is when we lay it out all on the line so let’s look at some ways to help you stay on track and feeling good about those inches in the mid-section.
Some things to keep in mind before we jump in…
First, go for raw foods as much as possible like fruits and veggies coupled with something that has some protein in it.
Second, make sure you avoid anything that has more than 5 ingredients on the label, particularly ones you can’t pronounce. It’s the same old rules when it comes to snacking, but sometimes snacks seem like an easy excuse to indulge. Be careful, and stick to your guns as much as possible.
Here are 7 summer snacks to help you do just that, and all of them are under 200 calories per serving!
7 Low Calorie Summer Snacks
1. Edamame Guacamole – This one’s a tasty, healthy twist on a classic summertime snack. Follow a classic recipe for guacamole (1 mashed ripe avocado, 2 minced cloves of garlic, 1 jalapeno, 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste will do it) and add in some finely chopped or processed Edamame, after it’s boiled.
2. Melon Salad – What better to snack on this summer than a fresh fruit salad? Just combine your favorite melon (cut up into big chunks) and drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and top with some fresh mint leaves and reduced fat feta cheese. It’s delicious!
3. Baked Tomatoes – I love these ones. Simply half some large beefsteak tomatoes, and top the flat sides with a bit of olive oil, parsley, oregano, basil, and minced garlic. To make them even more savory, top with a little fresh parmesan cheese.
4. Orange Hummus – You can totally transform your everyday hummus into a super healthy summery treat in just a couple easy steps. In a food processor, make a normal hummus using chickpeas, fresh garlic, olive oil, tahini, and salt. But instead of using lemon juice, use the juice from a fresh orange, and even throw in some orange zest while you’re at it!
5. Smoked Salmon Wrapped Cucumber – This is a great way to skip the carbs on this traditional summer snack. Simply slice a long English cucumber lengthwise into quarters, spread one side with a little low fat cream cheese, and wrap with smoked salmon and top with a little fresh dill. Yum!
6. Cream-Free Banana Ice Cream – Totally refreshing and super simple, this summer snack will help keep you energized and fit. All you need is a frozen banana and a 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Blend together for 2-3 minutes, and serve in an shallow bowl or cup. Drizzle with a little chocolate syrup for an extra sweet punch!
7. Raspberry S’Mores – Cut down the chocolate on this fun treat, and you’ll reduce a ton of calories. Melt one marshmallow onto a graham cracker, and top with 2 small squares of dark chocolate and a few raspberries. It will totally satisfy your sweet tooth!
Need Quicker Fat Loss Results this Summer?
If you need to see some serious results, or just want to be proactive about keeping the weight off, I recommend trying one of the most innovative natural fat burning supplements to hit the market in a long time. It’s 7-Keto, and it combines a bunch of naturally derived ingredients and compounds that give your metabolism a major boost, helping you burn off all those extra summer calories! Check it out here – 7-Keto LeanGels.
Have any questions or feedback about these Summer Snacks Under 200 Calories? Please leave a comment below…