Motivation Tips for Weight Loss
Reached another roadblock? Think you’ve hit a plateau?
Motivation is one of the biggest challenges for all of us, including myself. And this is especially true when it comes to weight loss.
So what are you going to do about?
The truth is, there’s a lot you can do to stay motivated to lose weight. Here are my top 10 motivation tips for weight loss. Ready to get motivated?
Motivation Tips for Weight Loss: Top 10 Tips
1. Shop Smart – My number one motivation tip for weight loss is to shop healthy. The worst thing you can do is bring unhealthy junk food into your house.
2. Write Down Your Goals – Setting goals and writing them down may seem juvenile, but for most of us, creating some sort of visual is crucial. If you get your weight loss goals on paper, you’ll have a clearer idea of what you’re working towards.
3. Set Reasonable Goals – When you set goals, they need to be reasonable. I recommend setting both short term and long term goals. Reaching milestones along the way will really keep you motivated.
4. Visualize Your Goals – Once your goals are set, you need to visualize them. Whether it’s a picture of your fitter self, or a magazine clipping of the body you want, you need to remind yourself of what you’re working towards.
5. Come Up with a Plan – Once you’ve set your goals, you need to make a plan of how to reach them. This means coming up with a workout schedule and deciding on how you’re going to handle your diet. And write it down!
6. Keep a Journal – I can’t stress this one enough. Seeing your progress on paper is totally motivating. Write down your weekly weight, measurements, and workouts. You can even keep a food journal if you want to get really detailed. Checkout the Fitlosophy Fitbook – it’s a great tool for tracking your progress!
7. Do It With a Friend – May sound simple, but losing weight with a friend can be a huge motivator. You can check in with each other, give each other tips, and help keep each other stay motivated.
8. Change Things Up – One of the biggest roadblocks to staying motivated is boredom. And one of the best ways to fight boredom is to change it up. This means changing your workout routine every couple of weeks, as well as keeping variety in your diet.
9. Try a Supplement – If you’re finding things hard to get going, consider trying an all-natural weight loss supplement like Irwin Naturals Green Tea Fat Metabolizer or a workout drink like Muscle Pharm Assault. This can be a great way to see some quick results and motivate yourself to action.
10. Reward Yourself – This is my last tip for weight loss motivation, but probably one of the most effective. We all work well for rewards, so every week or month, plan on giving yourself a reward. Whether it’s your favourite cheat meal or a new pair of shoes, rewards can help you stay on track with your goals.
Try out any of these motivation tips, or use them all to really jump start your weight loss goals. I guarantee you’ll find something here that works for you!
Have any questions or feedback about motivation tips for weight loss? Please leave a comment below…