Henry Cavill Workout: Superman
So I thought I’d round out this week with one more superhero workout which is going to make waves in the near future.
Actor Henry Cavill is taking over the lead role as Superman in the upcoming franchise’s big screen rendition “Man of Steel”.
He’s training as we speak. And like any other superhero role, this one requires packing on both strength and size. So what is Henry Cavill doing to prepare his body for this role?
For starters, he’s eating a lot. He told reporters that he’s consuming about 5000 calories a day, with a priority on protein. So before we introduce our own Man of Steel workout, let’s make sure you’re getting enough protein in your diet.
These high quality whey products are the ones I have in my cupboards and will really help your muscles get the protein they need to grow in size and strength so skip the cheap stuff you see in most supermarkets which are filled with artificial sugars that give you intestinal discomfort and go for these…
- Optimum 100% Natural Whey for maintaining lean muscle mass.
- The tasty Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion – Try the delicious vanilla or chocolate milk flavours!
- Promax Protein Bars for snacking and fighting cravings.
Now for the Superman workout to get your muscles pumped…
Henry Cavill Workout
On top of his high-protein diet, Henry Cavill is hitting the gym hard and lifting heavy. Warm up with some cardio, and then hit the weights. Aim for 4 sets of 8-10 reps, or until you max out (except abs and core – work these areas till exhaustion).
Supersets – For all the workouts listed here, superset every 2 exercises. This means 2 different exercises back to back, followed by a 1-2 minute rest period and you’re going to go heavy so aim for 6-8 reps maximum. For example, one set of 6 bench presses, one set of 6 barbell rows, rest and repeat. Exercises are combined so that opposite muscle groups are worked on the same day, allowing you to really focus your efforts.
Henry Cavill Workout Day 1: Chest & Back
- Barbell Bench Press (view exercise) & Bent Over Barbell Row (view exercise)
- Barbell Incline Bench Press (view exercise) & Lat Pulldown (view exercise)
- Dumbbell Chest Press (view exercise) & One Armed Row (view exercise)
- Dumbbell Pec Flyes (view exercise) & Bent Over Rear Deltoid Raise (view exercise)
Henry Cavill Workout Day 2: Legs & Core
- Barbell Squats (view exercise) & Hanging Leg Raises (view exercise)
- Dumbbell Lunges (view exercise) & Ab Twists (view exercise)
- Machine Leg Curls (view exercise) & Oblique Side Bends (view exercise)
- Dumbbell Calf Raises (view exercise) & Ab Rollout with Stability Ball (view exercise)
- Back Extensions on Roman Chair (view exercise)
- 20 minutes on treadmill or elliptical
Henry Cavill Workout Day 3: Arms & Shoulders
- Standing Bicep Curls (view exercise) & Overhead Tricep Extension (view exercise)
- Seated bent over deltoid raises (view exercise) & Shrugs (view exercise)
- Hammer Curl (view exercise) & Tricep Kickbacks
- Cable Hammer Curl w/Rope (view exercise) & Cable Tricep Extension w/Rope (view exercise)
- Concentration Curls (view exercise) & One Arm Cable Extension (view exercise)
- Shoulder Press (view exercise) & Lateral Raises (view exercise)
Rest for 24-48 hours after this cycle, and repeat, getting in at least 4 workouts a week. Supersetting your exercises will help keep your heart rate up and your metabolism in override, so you’ll burn lots of calories at the same time.
This Superman workout plan is intense and will get you in top shape but make sure you are focusing on lots of fresh fruits, veggies, lean meats and protein!
Have any questions or feedback about the Henry Cavill Workout for Superman? Please leave a comment below…