Healthy Habits to Put in Place
Given all the media focus on fitness and obesity, it’s not surprising that so many people are concerned about their health.
But worrying about your health doesn’t always translate into healthy habits. The sad truth is, all that information can get confusing, and many of you are still left wondering the best way to improve your health.
This article takes a look at 5 basic healthy habits that you can easily put in place today. Making these simple lifestyle changes can really go along way when it comes to looking and feeling your best!
5 Healthy Habits to Put in Place
1. Start Your Day with a Stretch – Flexibility training is one of the best things for preventing aging and strengthening your muscles. If you’re already involved in a strength training program, stretching can really complement your workouts and improve your muscle recovery and endurance.
I recommend getting in the habit of stretching for about 10 minutes every morning, before you embark on your day. To get the most out of your stretches, you might want to invest in a great set of exercise bands. Check out these Latex Stretch Bands.
2. Increase Your Antioxidant Support – You’ve probably heard about the benefits of antioxidants, but are you taking the necessary steps to increase your antioxidant support? Antioxidants improve the health of your cells, boost your immune system, and keep your skin looking young.
3. Up Your Protein Intake – Protein is the most effective nutrient for supporting lean muscle mass and increasing your metabolism. Not only will you improve your strength training and toning workouts, but you’ll also feel more satisfied throughout your day. Believe it or not, just eating protein burns more calories than eating other foods!
I recommend getting around 20 grams of protein in every meal. A good start to your day should include a healthy source of protein every morning. Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion and Vega Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer are great options for protein supplements – use them as a snack or in a meal replacement shake.
4. Track Your Fitness Progress – Keeping track of your weight loss and fitness goals is probably one of the most significant predictors or success. Writing things down on paper is not only a huge motivator, but it also allows you to see your successes more clearly.
I recommend keeping a fitness or weight loss journal and tracking measurements, diet, and exercise on a daily basis. The Fitlosophy Fitbook is a great tool for doing just that!
5. Stay Hydrated – No matter what you’re doing or how much you’re working out, you need to stay hydrated. The benefits of water really can’t be overestimated. Water will keep you looking and feeling younger, and it will also help curb cravings and keep you feeling full.
Healthy Habits to Put in Place – Conclusion
Remember, these healthy habits should only be the beginning. Start here, and keep working on it! There’s always more you can do to improve your health and wellness.
Have any questions or feedback about healthy habits? Please leave a comment below…