Crossfit Workout at Home
Crossfit continues to hit the fitness industry by storm. But if you think this no-holds-barred, fat-burning, limit-pushing approach to exercise can only be done in a gym, think again. I’ve come up with a power-packed crossfit workout you can do in the comfort of your home.
The goal of crossfit is to really push your entire body by engaging in both targeted and compound exercises incorporating both cardiovascular and resistance training. In order to do this, you need to push yourself to move at your maximum speed.
So I want you to time yourself, and every time you do this crossfit workout at home, you’re going to try to beat your previous record. This isn’t only your motivation, it’s also how you’re going to see real results – both fat burning and muscle building!
Here’s what you need to get started with your crossfit workout at home:
- A good stop watch or interval timer, to track your progress on each exercise or on the crossfit workout as a whole. Remember, speed and efficiency are a priority with crossfit. One of the best interval timers I’ve ever used is the Gymboss Interval Timer.
- A good set of dumbbells or kettlebells for adding resistance to your crossfit workout. One of the best at-home solutions for workout equipment is this Altus 2 In 1 Power Medicine Ball And Kettlebell, which allows you to transform medicine balls into kettlebells with ease.
- A jump rope, like this LCD Digital Jump Rope, for getting more out of your crossfit warm-up and cardio component. Jumping rope is one of the best ways to burn fat and calories at home.
Now onto the workout plan…
Crossfit Workout at Home
Here’s the plan. You’re going to run through this crossfit workout as fast as possible, giving yourself a maximum of 15 seconds rest between exercises. This should be just enough time to get into position and set up for the next exercise.
If you want to double up on the results, run through this circuit twice, resting for 2 minutes in between.
- 5 minute warm up Jump Rope
- 15 reps Woodchopper with Kettlebell or Medicine Ball (view exercise)
- 20 reps Ab Crunch (view exercise)
- 15 reps Dumbbell Squat (view exercise)
- 15 reps Dumbbell Rows on Floor (view exercise)
- 12 reps Bent Over Dumbbell Row (view exercise)
- 2 minutes Jogging on Spot
- 15 reps Bicycle Crunch (view exercise)
- 15 reps Step Ups on Step or Bench
- 12 reps Woodchopper (view exercise)
- 12 reps Lateral Lunge with Dumbbells (view exercise)
- 10 reps Lateral Dumbbell Raise (view exercise)
- 2 minutes Jump Rope
- 15 reps Lower Ab Bicycle Crunch (view exercise)
- 10 reps Lunge and Press (view exercise)
- 10 reps Pushup with Hands on Couch or Step (view exercise)
- 3 minutes Cool Down Jogging on Spot
This crossfit workout might look intense, but if it didn’t, it wouldn’t be crossfit! What’s great about this workout is that you can easily adjust it according to your own needs. Increase or decrease the number of reps for each exercise, or pick and choose your favorite exercises when you’re tight on time.
Either way, this crossfit workout is a great way to burn fat and get in shape from the comfort of your own home!
Have any questions or feedback about this Crossfit Workout at Home? Please leave a comment below…