Chris Evans Avengers Workout
Chris Evans has continued his almost perfect physique as Captain America in the Avengers movies and since my previous article on Chris Evans workout got over 100,000 views I thought it would be good to continue into the next level of his training with the sole goal of you get even more ripped!
Just like his first time around, Chris was hitting the gym and hitting it hard!
But what’s he doing to get totally ripped? Keep reading to find out…
The Chris Evans Avengers Workout Diet
First and foremost, it’s not a lie when people say abs are made in the kitchen. Your diet is going to be absolutely critical to your success.
Preparing for the Avengers movies, Chris ate a lot of protein to stay in superhero shape. And he ate often, so it’s no surprise that he depended on protein shakes to keep his muscles fueled.
He also cut out practically all sugar, salt & processed foods– so that means a pretty strict diet.
The good news is that supplements can be in your arsenal of attacking and building muscle faster than trying to get all the nutrients through your food.
Here are the required supplements to help you pack on your own superhero muscle:
- A tasty, satisfying whey protein supplement to support muscle growth. You can’t pack on muscle without more protein and by more I’m talking about 2-2.2 times your body weight in kg. Try Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion or one of my all time favorites – BB 100% Whey Protein Powder which is a nice and clean whey.
- A pre-workout booster for energy and endurance, to help you get that extra pump and train like a superhero. Try the all new cutting edge Pre JYM Complete Pre-Workout Powder. 13 ingredients that are picked to give you superhero strength!
- A thermogenic fat burner & a Testosterone Boster can help boost your metabolism and burn that fat without giving you the side effect of steroids. Check these two out – Evolution Nutrition TRANS4ORM Fat Burner & EVL TEST Testosterone Booster.
- An intra-workout supplement for improving muscle endurance and recovery. Try Scivation Xtend.
- A recovery supplement like glutamine to aid in muscle repair and growth. Try Optimum Glutamine.
- Lastly, you can’t grow muscle if you’re not sleeping well & this new supplement is making waves in the industry without side-effects, check it out – Z-MATRIX Sleep & Immunity Support.
The Chris Evans Avengers Workout Secrets
Let’s face it, who wouldn’t want to be in superhero shape? Chis’s secret was with his workout being heavily focused on resistance training, with only minimal cardio – about 20 minutes a day. Who doesn’t love minimal cardio?!
He also worked out extra hard! In fact, Chris reported working out as much as 2 hours a day! But you can get in shape for your own superhero role in half that time if you train smart.
This workout is focused on packing on the muscle and leaning out, to get you ripped like never before! And make sure you don’t miss the section on diet – this was a key component of Chris Evans’ Avengers workout.
The Chris Evans Avengers Workout Routine
Aim for hitting the gym at least 5 days a week, with an additional day where possible. For each exercise, do 4 sets at 8-10 reps (or until failure).
20 minutes of interval cardio training after every workout (alternating between high and low intensity every 2 minutes) will help keep you lean and toned.
Day 1: Legs
- Barbell Squat (view exercise)
- Deadlifts with Barbell (view exercise)
- Seated Calf Raise (view exercise)
- Dumbbell Lunge (view exercise)
- Leg Press Machine (view exercise)
- Leg Curl Machine (view exercise)
Day 2: Chest & Triceps
- Flat Barbell Bench Press (view exercise)
- Decline Barbell Bench Press (view exercise)
- Incline Barbell Bench Press (view exercise)
- Tricep Cable Extension with Rope (view exercise)
- Cable Pec Flyes (view exercise)
- Tricep Dips (view exercise)
Day 3: Abs & Core
- Ab Twists with Plate or Ball (view exercise)
- Hanging Leg Raise (view exercise)
- Oblique Side Bends with Dumbbells (view exercise)
- Ab Crunches on Stability Ball (view exercise)
- Back Extensions (view exercise)
Day 4: Back & Biceps
- Standing Dumbbell Bicep Curls (view exercise)
- Lying Bicep Curls (Facing Bench) (view exercise)
- Cable Lat Pulldown (view exercise)
- Cable Seated Row (view exercise)
- One Arm Dumbbell Rows (view exercise)
- One Arm Concentration Curls (view exercise)
Day 5: Shoulders
- Military Press with Barbell (view exercise)
- Barbell Shrugs (view exercise)
- Single Arm Shoulder Presses (view exercise)
- Lateral Raises with Dumbbells (view exercise)
- Seated Bent Over Rear Deltoid Raises (view exercise)
Have any questions or feedback about the Chris Evans Avengers Workout? Please leave a comment below…
I was wondering would it be good to do the compounds exercices such as squat and bench for 4-6 reps and the other exercices for 8-10 reps?
you can definitely try that strategy for a few weeks and then increase reps.
hay. Love reading your articles of information. What i cant workout, is that I have lost 6kg, in 6 weeks. Current weight is 93kg, I am aiming to get to between 87-90, and ripped. My question to you is, how much or many protein shakes should I be taking per day. What is the ratio between how much protein per body weight?
Hey Nathan, those who are aiming to put on mass aim for about 2x their body weight in kg and some as high as 2.2. 2-3 shakes a day should cover this in addition to your lean protein meals.
I study training principles and have partook in quite extensive exercise programs along with ones i have designed. How long would you say doing this particular workout to see results? I’ve heard several rumors about these superhero workouts. I’m curious as to what youre prescription lines up with what i’ve studied and experienced with other resistance training programs
To be most realistic generally you will start seeing results around the 4-6 week stage depending on your current level. After that there are a ton of factors including age, metabolism, genetics which will increase or decrease your results but to get to an advanced stage it will take at least of 6 months of being consistent and training hard.
Good idea to do this 5-6 weeks after the original captain america workout. Yes, that is if you are focusing on size and strength but if you want to lean out then it would be ideal to do more cardio.
Was he at a caloric surplus or deficiet when training?
You bet, he was bulking and was at a big caloric surplus when training for this role.