Brain Boosting Superfoods
I’ve always been a big fan of superfoods – they’re the perfect addition to any healthy, whole foods diet.
But did you know that superfoods are good for more than just boosting metabolism and getting in better physical shape?
One of the biggest and most overlooked benefits of superfoods is brain health. In addition to making you feel good on the outside, many nutrient-rich superfoods also make you feel good on the inside, improving things like concentration, focus, and mood.
What’s more, many superfoods also help you fight stress and better cope with your daily trials and tribulations.
So I thought it was time to take a second look at some of my favorite superfoods, with a focus on improving your brain health and mental functioning. These 10 superfoods will get you thinking and feeling better in no time!
Top 10 Brain Boosting Superfoods
1. Salmon – Like many oily fishes, salmon is high in healthy omega-3 fatty acids. These healthy fats, which are now added to many foods, have a huge impact on the health of your brain – particularly your ability to concentrate and stay alert.
If you’re not a fan of salmon, or want to improve your daily support, try a natural fish oil supplement like these Optimum Fish Oil Softgels.
2. Blueberries – Blueberries are one of the best foods around. Their high antioxidant content is believed to strengthen connections between brain cells, improving your overall mental functioning. If you’re looking for another effective source of antioxidants, check out NOW Acai.
3. Dark Chocolate – In addition to helping you fight those cravings for something sweet, dark chocolate is packed full of healthy antioxidants and just enough caffeine to keep you feeling awake and alert.
4. Broccoli – Like many other green vegetables, including kale and arugula, broccoli is rich in brain-protecting plant compounds as well as brain boosting antioxidants such Vitamin C. If you’re looking for daily antioxidant support, NOW C-1000 is a great option.
5. Seeds – Many seeds, including pumpkin seeds and these Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds, are rich in vitamins and minerals that are known for improving mental health and functioning, including magnesium and zinc.
6. Whole Grains – In addition to making you feel full and helping you lose weight, whole grains have also been shown to significantly improve brain functioning and memory. This is particularly due to their high Vitamin B content. For optimal daily support, check out NOW B-100.
7. Avocado – If you’re looking for a rich-tasting addition to your dinner plate, add some avocado. This satisfying superfood is packed full of healthy fats and Vitamin E, both of which support a healthy brain.
8. Green Tea – Much like dark chocolate, green tea is overflowing with healthy antioxidants to boost your brain and help you fight off the effects of stress. If you’re looking for a major brain boosting supplement, go with this Magic Matcha Green Tea. Its caffeine content will also keep you focused and alert!
9. Nuts – Nuts are the perfect snacking option, whether your goal is losing weight or boosting brain health. They’re high in healthy fats, protein, and vitamins to keep you on top of your game. These NOW ALMONDS are my top pick.
10. Water – Believe it or not, staying hydrated is a big factor in your overall mental health and wellness. Studies show that people who are well hydrated score better on tests than those who are not. For the best hydration you can find, try this VPX Coco Fit Coconut Water – unlike water, it’s full of other brain boosting vitamins and minerals!
Have any questions or feedback about these Brain Boosting Superfoods? Please leave a comment below…