Workout Energy Shakes
What you put in your body just before a workout matters quite a bit, especially if you want to get the most out of your workouts.
Pre workout nutrition is an essential part of any muscle building or muscle toning diet. It makes a lot of sense, but it’s also supported by quite a bit of research.
In particular, the hour before a workout is when you should be thinking very seriously about nutrition. This is when your body needs extra fuel to keep you going for the entire workout. And it’s not just a matter of energy, it’s also a matter of muscle growth and endurance.
Here are the 3 important factors you should be thinking about when it comes to pre workout nutrition:
- Energy – The hour before your workout is the optimal time to get your body energized for a good workout. Any food alone will offer some energy, but you should try to have a balance of protein and complex carbohydrates to sustain you long term. Beyond the basics, make sure any sugar is from natural sources only, and add things like this Magic Matcha Green Tea for an added boost.
- Fuel – This is also the time to top up on amino acids to fuel muscle growth. Amino acids are the building blocks of muscle tissue, and they contribute to muscle growth both during and after a hard workout. Any lean protein source will do, but there are also some great pre-workout amino acid supplements on the market. I recommend trying NOW L-Arginine.
- Endurance – Finally, you need to consider muscle endurance. This is really about getting the most out of every pump and lasting through to the end. In fact, research has shown that it’s those last couple pumps in every set that make the biggest differences. One of the best supplements for improving muscle endurance is Creatine, and Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump MAX has it – in addition to natural energy-boosters and amino acids for complete pre-workout support!
Okay, so now that you know the basics, I’m going to offer up a killer pre workout shake that combines all of these factors. Shakes make the perfect pre workout meal because they’re easy, healthy, and full of the protein your muscles need!
Here it is…
Best Pre Workout Shake
Combine the following ingredients and blend on high for 2 minutes or until desired consistency. Add ice cubes as desired:
- ½ cup of skim milk or unsweetened soy milk
- ½ cup of water
- 1 scoop of Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion Delicious Vanilla flavor protein
- 1 scoop of Magic Matcha Green Tea
- 1/2 of a banana
- 1/2 cup of frozen berries of your choice (blueberries are best)
And that’s it! Pretty simple, right? The banana and berries will give you some carbs and sugar to keep you moving, while the Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion will totally support muscle growth. Add theMagic Matcha Green Tea to boost your energy even further while also improving muscle endurance. Seriously, try this shake and you’ll totally transform your workouts and make sure to take it about an hour before working out so your body has the time to digest it. Lack of motivation won’t ever be a problem again with this shake.
Have any questions or feedback about my Best Pre Workout Shake? Please leave a comment below…