Andrew Garfield Spiderman Workout
One of the biggest movies planned for next summer is the Spiderman reboot The Amazing Spiderman.
Taking on the role this time is Andrew Garfield, who hit the gym hard before suiting up as Spiderman.
This young actor didn’t have a problem leaning out, but he did have to bulk up and gain strength. His workout was a combination of Pilates, plyometrics, and weight training to get in top shape for what’s sure to be an action-packed movie.
So here’s a workout based on the goals of Garfield’s training: strength, power, and size. Let’s get to it!
The New Spiderman Workout
Plyometrics is essentially a series of high impact, full body workouts (also known as jump training). You can definitely consider signing up for a plyometric class, but for this workout we’re going to substitute plyometrics with High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). Like plyometrics, HIIT requires the use of multiple muscle groups and is high intensity.
Pilates focuses on your core, so we’re going to be sure to have a day focused solely on core strengthening and training.
This workout is sure to get you pumped and feeling in shape in no time. Plan on dedicating 5 days a week to this workout plan, and at least 45 minutes per workout. Start each workout with 20 minutes of cardio to work on your endurance and get your muscles warmed up. On strength training days, aim for 3-4 sets of each workout at 10-12 reps.
Day 1: Strength Training Upper Body
- Dumbbell Chest Press (view exercise)
- Standing Dumbbell Bicep Curls (view exercise)
- Pec Flye with Dumbbells (view exercise)
- Cable Lat Pulldown (view exercise)
- Lateral Dumbbell Shoulder Raise (view exercise)
- Tricep Dips on Bench (view exercise)
Day 2: High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
Day 3: Strength Training Lower Body
- Machine Leg Press (view exercise)
- Machine Leg Extension (view exercise)
- Machine Leg Curl (view exercise)
- Lunges with Dumbbells (view exercise)
- Standing Calf Raises with Dumbbells (view exercise)
Day 4: Strength Training Core
- Lunge Ab Twist (view exercise)
- Back Extension on Stability Ball (view exercise)
- Ab Crunch with Toe Touch (view exercise)
- Ab Crunches on Stability Ball (view exercise)
- Ab Crunches with Legs on Stability Ball (view exercise)
Day 5: High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
If you can fit in a fifth day, aim for doing a second round of HIIT training. This will really improve your strength, endurance, and power!
Getting the Most Out of Your Spiderman Workout
To get the most out of this workout plan, you want to be able to hit your workouts hard. Here are some helpful supplements that can keep your muscles strong and lean and your energy level through the roof:
- A whey protein supplement for lean muscle growth – Try Combat Powder.
- Glutamine for preserving muscle mass while dieting – Try Optimum Glutamine.
- Pre-workout supplement to boost energy and burn fat – Try Muscle Pharm Shred Matrix.
Wow, what a combination! This power-focused workout plan, combined with the right supplements, will have you feeling ready for your own superhero role. Take Andrew Garfield’s lead and hit the gym hard.
Have any questions or feedback about the Andrew Garfield Spiderman Workout? Please leave a comment below…