Advanced Workout for Lean Muscle Gain
If you’ve been in and out of the gym over the past few months and just not had the drive to take it to the next level it’s time to shake it off and get ready to change things up.
This advanced workout is designed specifically for lean muscle gain in the shortest amount of time possible, so it’s going to kick your butt, there is a but though!
If you feel like you’re not quite at the advanced level then that’s ok too, just start out a little lighter and work up over a few weeks to get to this little by adding more and more of what is included below.
Afer all there’s no better time to tackle an advanced workout more than right now right? Stop making excuses and give it 150%. The good thing is that this workout is focused on training your muscles in a way that will shock them into growth and development. Over time, your muscles adapt to the same workout, so it’s critical that you change things up as often as possible.
Let’s get right to it…
Advanced Workout for Lean Muscle Gain
This advanced workout is a split workout program. This means that you won’t be working out your whole body in the same day. Instead, you’ll split up your workouts by muscle group. This particular workout splits things up in a way that should add a lot of variety to your routine.
The workout is a 4-day split, meaning you’ll work out a different group of muscles each day. The goal should be to do each workout once per week on different days. You don’t have to take a day’s rest between workouts since you won’t be focusing on the same muscles back-to-back.
For all exercises, aim for 3 sets of 8-12 reps. The slightly higher number of reps will ensure a leaner look, but drop down to 6-8 if you’re looking to do a little more bulking up. Rest for about 30-60 seconds between sets, and don’t forget to warm up before workouts and stretch after!
Day 1 – Chest & Calves
- Flat Barbell Bench Press (view exercise)
- Incline Barbell Bench Press (view exercise)
- Decline Barbell Bench Press (view exercise)
- Cable Pec Flyes (view exercise)
- Standing Dumbbell Calf Raise (view exercise)
- Seated Calf Raise (view exercise)
Day 2 – Legs & Core
- Leg Press (view exercise)
- One-Leg Barbell Squat (view exercise)
- Seated Leg Extension (view exercise)
- Seated Leg Curl (view exercise)
- Hanging Leg Raise (view exercise)
- Ab Twists with Plate or Ball (view exercise)
- Oblique Side Bends with Dumbbells (view exercise)
Day 3 – Shoulders & Triceps
- Lateral Dumbbell Shoulder Raise (view exercise)
- Tricep Dips (view exercise)
- Front Dumbbell Shoulder Raise (view exercise)
- Tricep Cable Extension with Rope (view exercise)
- Seated Rear Deltoid Raise (view exercise)
- Cable One Arm Triceps Extension (view exercise)
Day 4 – Back & Biceps
- Standing Dumbbell Bicep Curls (view exercise)
- Lying Bicep Curls (Facing Bench) (view exercise)
- Cable Lat Pulldown (view exercise)
- Cable Seated Row (view exercise)
- One Arm Dumbbell Rows (view exercise)
- One Arm Concentration Curls (view exercise)
Advanced Workout Supplements
And don’t forget to give your muscles the fuel they need to make it through these intense workouts. In addition to your workouts having the right nutrition is one of, if not the most important factor for you to really SEE the results.
- For women: Kre-a-fem is a powerful creatine formula made specifically for women wanting to increase lean muscle and yet not look bulky.
For men: Muscle Pharm Battle Fuel is a pre-workout supplement to help increase your natural testosterone levels. This supplement will get you jacked up and performing at your peak muscle-building levels!
- USPLabs Jack3d is a pre-workout complex designed to take your weight lifting to the next level. This supplement will give you the edge you’re looking for at the gym!
- Universal Animal Flex is a complete joint support complex to help you recover from your intense weight training efforts and keep your joints lubricated.
Advanced Workout Cardio
Ok now to round it off you need to implements some intense cardio days. If you haven’t yet you can try my ultimate treadmill workout or you can take any cardio machine or cardio activity (jumping rope, biking, swimming, etc.) and apply high intensity interval training to it. Aim for 2 days a week for quick lean muscle results.
Have any questions or feedback about this advanced workout for lean muscle gain? Please leave a comment below…