5 Signs You Are Addicted to Junk Food
You already know that junk food is bad for your health. But it’s especially bad if you’re trying to get fit or lose weight.
Junk food is generally unhealthy for a few good reasons. It’s packed full of salt, sugar, bad fats, and lots of chemical preservatives. All of these ingredients are absolutely sabotage for any weight loss or program.
In many cases, it’s also packed full of bad carbs, which makes things even worse down the road. Junk food will only lead to spikes in blood sugar levels, serious cravings, and more binge eating. You can see why this stuff is so bad!
Despite these side effects, many of us can’t kick the junk food habit. And it’s easy to understand why – this stuff keeps you coming back for more! So how do you know if you’re addicted to junk food? Let’s look at 5 signs…
5 Signs You’re Addicted to Junk Food
1. Getting Cravings When You’re Full – This might just be the number one sign you’re addicted to junk food. If you’re getting cravings when you’ve just eaten a big meal, then you need to really consider what’s going on in your body and your mind. If your body is well nourished, there’s no good reason to keep eating.
2. Binge Eating – If you act on these cravings, even when your body doesn’t need the extra calories, then you’re just going to put on the weight, simply put. Getting extra calories from any source when you don’t need them is bad enough. But when that source is junk food, you need to rethink things.
3. Having a Difficult Time Quitting – If you’ve tried to quit the junk food habit multiple times without success, then you’re likely addicted to all that sugar, salt, and fat. Keep reading this article for some tips on how to quite the junk food addiction.
4. Making Excuses to Cheat – We’ve all done this at one time or another, but if you’re trying to come up with reasons to cheat on your diet and finish that bag of chips, then you already know that you’ve got a problem. Portion control is key, especially when it comes to junk food.
5. Feeling Guilty – Our emotions tell us a lot, so don’t ignore them! If you’re feeling guilty all the time but still can’t say no to the junk food, then you need to keep reading this article. You’re likely dealing with a junk food addiction.
If you want to dive a little bit more into this topic to see how you can control your emotions a little better than please read my article – Emotional Overeating: How to Conquer
5 Easy Steps to Quitting a Junk Food Addiction
If you think you qualify as a junk food junkie, then it’s time to take action and kick the habit today. Here are 5 quick and easy tips:
1. Shop Smart. Don’t bring the junk food into your home in the first place!
2. Plan Ahead. If you plan your lunches and dinners for the week, you’ll have fewer opportunities to slip up.
3. Take a Multivitamin. Taking a multivitamin like Optimum Opti-Women or Optimum Opti-Men is a great way to ensure your body is getting the nourishment it needs, and this in turn may help prevent certain cravings.
4. Snack on Protein. Getting more protein in your diet keeps you feeling satisfied for longer and helps you burn more calories! Supplement with a tasty protein shake like Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion or snack on these Myoplex Lite Protein Bars.
5. Drink Water. Drinking more water is another way to ensure that your stomach is feeling full and satisfied. Tea is another great option is you need some flavor!
Have any questions or feedback about the 5 signs that you are addicted to junk food? Please leave a comment below…