Weight Loss Tips: Staying on Track
It’s time to address staying on track with your weight loss plan as this is the time of year when most people fall off track and start to neglect their health again.
If you’re not one of these people, then this article will simply help you be proactive and ensure that you get the most of your time in the gym pr doing whatever exercise you are currently doing.
Grab a pen and paper and get ready to jot down some notes as this will be a quick exercise you can run through to make you aware of some things that you would not otherwise realize. The end goal is a game plan that keeps chipping away at your problem areas that are causing you so much grief.
Ready? Let’s go…
Weight Loss Tips: Staying on Track Step 1
On your piece of paper make two columns and label the headers as “what I liked this past month” and “what I didn’t like this past month”.
Now write down everything you liked and didn’t like about your exercise plan, as well as your nutrition plan.
Some ideas to think about include:
- Your weakest & strongest areas
- Exercises that you avoided the most
- Exercises that you enjoyed the most
- Foods that caused you to overeat
- Healthy foods you enjoyed the most
Good job, with this list you are now one step closer to coming to realization your weaknesses and strengths and areas you need to continue to improve on. But let’s take this further.
Weight Loss Tips: Staying on Track Step 2
Now take another piece of paper out and make two columns again. This time label the columns “what kept me back” & “what encouraged me to stay on track”.
This time you will need to think about stumbling blocks like:
- Not having enough sleep
- Having work or family get in the way
- Causes of you having low or high energy
- Causes of you having low or high motivation
- Any injuries or colds
The picture should be getting clearer for you on the causes of anything that has been keeping you back, as well as things that have been really pushing you through even on those days when you had to drag your butt to the gym.
We’re almost done, but let’s take it even one more level deep, this one will be the game changer!
Weight Loss Tips: Staying on Track Step 3
This time we’re going to do an exercise to allow you to focus on the positive. On another piece of paper write down some notes on:
- What body part you can improve on this month and exercises/workouts to help you achieve them
- Ways on improving your nutrition plan, what groceries you can buy to compliment your healthy diet
- Ways to keep your motivation level high, whether it be more sleep, better nutrition or better time management
- Nutritional supplements which can help you stay on track and achieve your goals (you may want to review Top 10 Workout Supplements for Men or Top 10 Workout Supplements for Women
Conclusion: Weight Loss Tips: Staying on Track
The 3 steps WILL help you continue to challenge yourself and allow you to keep getting better no matter what age, sex or level of experience working out. Whatever you do, don’t laze out and skip them because if you come away with just one realization you will have made a huge impact on your training results.
Have any questions or comments about this article? I’ve love to hear them so please leave a comment below…