The 9 Step Abs Workout
The 9 Step Abs Workout
Time to look for a new killer abdominal workout to help take your abs results to the next level. If you want to get totally toned, this is a great routine that is sure to offer real results.
This ab workout involve 9 moves in 9 steps. You’re going to run through the entire circuit at least once, but up to three times depending on your time.
Before You Start
Before you start the 9 step abs circuit, I want you to fuel up. A protein shake with a scoop of Basic Fat Loss Stack can help fuel your muscles throughout the workout. Or you can try one of these delicious whole food Vega Sport Chocolate Coconut Protein Bars, sure to give your body the energy it needs.
I also want you to spend 5 minutes warming up. A few light stretches, some jumping jacks, or a little jump rope will do it. All you want to do is get your muscles warmed up and your blood circulating.
Ready for this?
The 9 Step Abs Circuit
Perform 1 set of each workout in order, resting for no more than 20 seconds in between. This will ensure that you keep your heart rate up and your fat burning potential at its peak. You’ll also challenge your muscles more throughout.
1. Ab Crunch on Stability Ball – Grab a large stability or exercise ball, and rest your lower back and buttocks against the ball. Rest your hands behind your head, and engaging your core muscles, lift your chest and shoulder up as you feel the crunch. Hold for 1 count at the top, then return to starting position with control. Perform 15-20 reps.
2. Oblique Crunch on Stability Ball – Hang on to your stability ball, and rest against it with one side. Now you’re going to bend upward at the waist as your balance against your feet and engage your core muscles. Perform 12-15 reps on each side.
3. Bicycle Crunch – Lie with your back against a mat, and as you pull your chest forward, alternate between pulling each knee towards your chest. Make sure you’re engaging your ab muscles throughout. Perform 15-20 reps.
4. Knee Tucks on Bench – Find a workout bench, rest against the edge with your palms, and bring one knee towards your abdomen as you remain balanced on the other. Return to starting, and bring the opposite knee upward, alternating like this from side to side. Perform 12 reps per side.
5. Lower Ab Bicycle Crunch – Lying with your back against a mat, straighten your legs and lift them up towards the ceiling, perpendicular to your torso. Slowly and with control, lower one leg towards the floor, stopping a just a few inches above. Hold for one count, return to starting, and repeat with your opposite leg. Perform as many reps as possible.
6. Hanging Knee Tucks – Grab a pull up bar with both hands and allow your body to hang freely. Engaging your core muscles, lift your knees up towards your abdomen. Hold for one count, then lower slowly with control. Perform 8-10 reps.
7. Russian Twist – Balancing with your buttocks on a stability ball, hold a medicine ball with both hands out in front of you. Holding your back straight and engaging your abs, turn from side to side as you move the ball across your body. Perform as many reps as possible.
8. Plank – Grab a workout mat, and rest on your forearms while balancing your lower body on your toes. Straighten your body so that your shoulders, back, and legs are all aligned. Make sure your abs are engaged, and hold this position for at least one minute.
9. Side Plank – Now turn to one side and balance on the side of one forearm, with your lower body balancing on one side of the same foot. Lift your torso to create a straight line with your body, and hold here for at least 30 seconds. Repeat on opposite side.
Have any questions or feedback about the 9 Step Abs Workout? Please leave a comment below…