Healthy Recipes for Weight Loss
If you’re like me, you’re probably always on the outlook for new recipes. And if you’re trying to lose weight, finding satisfying healthy recipes is half the battle.
Generally speaking, healthy recipes for weight loss need to be low in the bad kinds of fats (saturated and trans), low in added sugar and sodium, high in protein, and high in vitamins and minerals. This combination is best for boosting your metabolism and enhancing your fat burning potential. Add fiber, healthy omega fatty acids, and only whole grain carbs, and you’re definitely where you need to be.
So I’m going to get right to it. Here are 4 healthy recipes for weight loss to keep you satisfied and on track!
4 Healthy Recipes for Weight Loss
Cashew Chicken Casserole
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 cup of sodium-free roasted cashews
- 1 cup of frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup of frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped
- 1 can of low-sodium can of celery soup
- ½ cup of water
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a shallow casserole dish, except ¼ cup of cashews. Add remaining cashews to top, and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Serve as is or on whole grain rice. Total servings: 4.
Simple Salmon Stir Fry
- 2 medium salmon filets, skin removed
- 1 whole lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, minced
- 2 ½ cups of vegetables of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce
Directions: Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a wok or frying pan on medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and vegetables and cook until desired consistency. In a separate pan, cook salmon filets in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and juice from half of a lemon. Add salt and pepper to taste, and cook for 6-7 minutes per side. Cut into smaller pieces, and add to veggie mixture. Drizzle with soy sauce and cook on low heat for another 5 minutes, combining well. Total servings: 4.
Metabolism-Boosting Tip: For even better metabolism-boosting results, try cooking with this super fat-burning Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil.
Easy Veggie & Chicken Quesadillas
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 cups of vegetables of your choice, blanched or lightly roasted
- 1 cup of shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Salsa and low-fat sour cream for dipping/topping
Directions: Add 1 tablespoon of canola oil to a large frying pan or skillet on medium heat. Place 1 tortilla in pan, and top with half the chicken and veggies. Top this with cheese, and cover with second tortilla. Cook for 5-7 minutes, then flip carefully and cook on other side for the same amount of time. Repeat for second quesadilla, and cut into slices. Total servings: 4.
Morning Jumpstart Protein Shake
- 1 scoop of whey protein powder, vanilla flavor
- ½ cup of ice
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 whole banana
- ½ cup of frozen pineapple or mango
Directions: Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until desired consistency. Total servings: 1.
Metabolism-Boosting Tip: To get even more out of your whey protein, try this Optimum 100% Natural Casein Protein. It’s time-released, which means it will take longer to digest and keep your metabolism boosted for longer!
Have any questions or feedback about these Healthy Recipes for Weight Loss? Please leave a comment below…